Call for Presenters - Update
Anna Braudrick, TCSS Presenters Committee
July 14, 2020
Are you wanting to present at #TXCSS2020, but not sure if you can commit because of this fall’s uncertainties? We might be able to help!
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions regarding this year’s virtual presentations:
- Will the conference run the same times as the usual conference? We are still in the planning phase regarding actual times. There has been discussion of possibly offering some early morning sessions, as well as some later afternoon sessions, for teachers who will be unable to use a substitute day on Friday. Sessions will be 60 minutes, and there will be breaks throughout both days to give attendees chunks of time to step away from their computers.
- What if I can’t attend or present at all on Friday? Great news! Attendees will have the ability to view all sessions for a couple of weeks after the conference weekend. How many times have you struggled to decide which session to attend, because there are three you want to go to at the same time? This year you’ll be able to see all three at your own convenience! We can also work with teachers to schedule their presentations on Saturday, if needed.
- If I want to present, do I have to pre-record my presentation? It’s your choice. All sessions will be live sessions which give you flexibility. You may choose to present live and interact with your participants as you present, or you may choose to pre-record your presentation and then screen cast it during the live session. You would still need to be available for live questions and answers during the session.
- How long are the poster sessions? Poster sessions are generally 15-30 minutes. This might be a good fit for you if you have a great idea you want to share, but don’t feel like you’ll need an hour.
- What technology will I need to provide? You’ll need access to a computer, internet, webcam, and working microphone and speakers.
We hope this information helps ease your concerns, and we look forward to receiving your presentation proposals by our extended deadline of Aug.1!
Presenter Form: https://forms.gle/zR3dS9wh7P6DUDbX8
Poster Session Form: https://forms.gle/jSxHXXem6umJownC9